Iconic to Celebrity

Developers have learned a thing or two since 1973 when the Pyramid was completed. Some, not all developers and their architects, are thinking that their buildings are indeed celebrities and are worthy of celebrity attention

2021-09-24T20:48:38+00:00 Happenings|

Who Knew?

I have walked by 345 California hundreds of times and never knew that there was a hotel inside - 155 rooms on floors 38 – 48.

2021-07-03T15:51:09+00:00 Happenings|

Innocence Lost

Remember when we could walk into an office building and ride an elevator to any floor without going through security first? Apparently, we lost our innocence back in July of 1993

2021-04-05T19:10:57+00:00 Happenings|

Visionaries

Many moons ago, Mission Bay (303 acres) was a salt marsh/lagoon. In the mid-1800s, it became a place to dump refuse from building projects and later from the 1906 earthquake. Then, it became an industrial area that included shipbuilding, canneries, warehouses, etc.  In the 1990s, it was a veritable wasteland owned by Southern Pacific Railway (who

2021-02-24T20:10:37+00:00 Happenings|

Oops!

Back in 2002, Millennium Partners proposed the development of Millennium Tower, a new condominium complex at 301 Mission, essentially a 5-Star hotel without a hotel. This was soon after Millennium Partners launched its Four Seasons Hotel (the first combination hotel/condominium property in San Francisco at 757 Market Street). Four Seasons condominiums sold well after overcoming

2021-06-11T18:32:48+00:00 Happenings|

Triple Nickel

555 California Street (“Triple Nickel”), formerly known as the Bank of America Center, was completed in 1969. At that time, it was the tallest building in the U.S. west of the Mississippi. The bank was originally the Bank of Italy, founded in a converted saloon by A. P. Giannini in 1904. Having made several investments in the smaller Bank of America,

2020-12-16T18:03:19+00:00 Happenings|

By The Numbers

Oracle Park—aka AT&T Park, Pacific Bell Park and SBC Park—is where the San Francisco Giants hold court, and where a statue of Willie Mays adorns the entrance at 24 Willie Mays Plaza, which is surrounded by 24 palm trees, in honor of Mays’ number, 24. The ballpark opened March 2000, replacing Candlestick (“The Stick”) as

2020-09-25T18:46:43+00:00 Happenings|